Thursday, August 14, 2014

Interview: With the Head Commissioner of OTB, the Yankees GM, and a Green Tea Drinker.... DonnieB

1. How does it feel, knowing your the head of the OTB Revolution and that you took over as head commissionership from Spelf?

"To be honest I am just glad to be able to give the GMs of OTB some stability. They all know that whenever needed I was there to step up and help. It sucks it took 3 seasons for it to happen, but it feels good and i like where things are going. What I am proud of most is seeing the renewed faith in the league, excitement going around, and seeing other GM's step up and throw their name into the hat to help any way they can. We have some very successful Mods and Admins that have been apart of one time or another very successful leagues so the future is bright. In the end though the only people that matter are the GMs without them there is no league. I implore all of you to think of one idea a piece to make this league better. No matter how big or small. If we all do that this league will go straight to the top."
2. What do you see for the future of OTB?

 "The future is a touchy subject Steve Jobs said it best, 'You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.""

"Simply put we don't know what the future has in store for us. We can only live in the now and follow the dots. Where they lead us we will never know. What I can tell you though is Jason, Clypse, and I as well as the rest of the mods are dedicated to make OTB the best there is. I have no doubt in my mind that its possible."

3. Now onto the Yankees, What goal do you look to achieve in 2017?
 
"To finally stop being a little baby back bitch and win the World Series title. Daddy did just go out and hand Matt Adams the biggest Free Agent contract ever to loose again."

4. What player do you value the most?
 
"Hmmmm this is hard one. I am like a poppa bear and they are my cubs. Most of the players I have I hand picked and traded away others. If I had to put a value on any one player most would assume Mike Trout. While they would be correct that he would command the most by far I would have to say my most valuable player or players is a trio of youngsters I have had since Season 1 that are all finally getting their shot to start a season together. Almora, Bichette, and Montgomery. I've stuck with these guys through thick and then and hoping to reap the benefits. I am hoping I can catch some 1996 Yankee magic with a combo of youth and veterans. So yes these are the most valuable Yankees in my opinion."


Personal:



1. M&M's or Skittles?

"Definitely a damn M&M man, except still grinds my gears that they do indeed melt in my hand and for some reason not in my mouth. I always have to chew them. BASTARDS!!!"

2. Who has been your biggest rival in OTB or Baseball Mogul in general? (Team or GM)

"Rival hmmm, i like to say I dont have a rival lol. I guess overall barbs would be Titan since we are always going back and forth on whose rotation is better or team. The whole NL in general is my damn kryptonite lol."

3. Soda or Ice Tea?

 "I am a green tea man, don't like all those icky sugars in my body."

4. What rule change have you liked or backed the most since the  Spelf era ended and the OTB Revolution began?
"To be honest the best thing that has changed or gotten better is the organization of the league and its rules, but if I had to choose it would be my brainchild.... the COMP FA rules. It seemed to be welcomed with a warm reception. It doesn't stop there be on the look out for luxury tax, revenue sharing, and also discussion about a Spring Training Improvements program."


Freddyflint approved

No comments:

Post a Comment