Monday, August 18, 2014

Titan Leaves Atlanta

It was announced that TitanQB the Braves current GM will be leaving Atlanta and heading to Boston to help them to a more competitive team. This is what Titan had to say about the switch, "It is after a lot of time spent thinking long and hard that I have decided to resign my post as the General Manager of the Atlanta Braves and accept the same role as the head of the Boston Red Sox. I have made this decision because of multiple reasons. First is the desire to rebuild the proud franchise that is the Red Sox. After suffering through 3 seasons of mediocrity at GM, I am coming in to shake things up and build a winner the way I did in Atlanta. The second reason I am taking this job is because I felt that I had reached a plateau with the Braves. They are a well built team that is all set except for some tinkering. It had become boring to me running a team that did not need much running. The final reason I am making this move is simply because of the competition. Nothing against the NL East, but the chance to compete every season with GM’s such as the OTB’s version of the Buffalo Bills in Donnie, a highly respected GM in Vert, and the guy who won multiple titles in OTB4 in LeChoker is something I couldn’t pass up. I look forward to rebuilding Boston, and making Red Sox Nation rise up again. Now, we will take a few questions." 

Q. What will the future hold in Boston? 


"The future is bright, with a young stud like Xander Bogaerts leading the way; I fully expect to be a World Series caliber team in the next couple years. To do this, it might lead to longtime Sox players such as Dustin Pedroia and Jon Lester leaving the team, but that is the thing about change. Change is sometimes difficult, but it often times leads to positive results." 

Q. Could the Red Sox compete for the AL East in 2017?

"Currently sitting in 1st place, I am inclined to say yes. But it will be difficult to compete against the best 2nd place team that money can buy over in New York. I fully intend to compete this season, but I will not jeopardize our organization’s future in order to earn a wild card spot this season."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment